The Maine GeoLibrary Board hired AppGeo to investigate, analyze and formulate the business case for a statewide orthoimagery program. The process and the results are meant to be objective and thorough, and provide a clear assessment of the economies, savings, and benefits of a statewide program relative to the costs of such a program, such that a Return on Investment (ROI) can be calculated and presented for decision makers. The scope of work that AppGeo completed included six major tasks that are all directed toward the ROI analysis and completion of a detailed study of cost (savings, avoidance) and other benefits that can be compared with orthoimagery program costs.
- FGDC sponsored ROI Training
- Coordinated outreach to stakeholders and beneficiaries on uses of orthoimagery
- Documented cost savings that would accrue due to availability of orthoimagery statewide
- Developed an ROI case study that outlines the trends for ROI seen in orthoimagery purchases in Maine and presents the benefits of a statewide orthophoto program
- Coordinated the completion of ROI spreadsheets, analyses and multi-agency business cases based on the FGDC ROI Workbook.
- Integrated the results of the 2007 NSGIC ROI study for the proposed Imagery for the Nation (IFTN) with the ROI study for Maine