Your GIS, geospatial IT, and location challenges are solved here.
Click on the links below for specific stories or head on over to our Portfolio to browse.
Are you choosing the right geospatial technology? We have experience with a wide variety of spatial technologies, and can help you answer the tough questions to build the ideal stack for your next project. For example:
- We helped Caltrans with the functional specification and market research for a replacement to their Transportation System Network that maintains traffic census, collision, and highway inventory data for the state-owned highway system.
- Over the years, we’ve conducted countless speed, load, concurrent user and other tests on geocoders, streaming services, and end user applications so we can offer the best advice and validate performance.
- We redesigned, rebuilt, and maintain DriveTexas™, Texas DOTs traffic and road condition reporting system using an integrated combination of Google Maps and Cloud, MapLarge, and Esri technology. The Drive Texas story.
Of course, solving problems with geospatial IT is much more than just choosing the right technology. Our experienced programmers and systems designers can cut through the noise of functional requirements to make the complex simple, and the challenges solvable:
- For the Harris County Flood Control District (HCFCD) in Texas we built a forecasting dashboard to pull together real-time rainfall data, multiple flood forecasting data feeds, flood inundation data, and radar weather imagery.
- The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) envisioned a statewide land management application for their deer hunting program, and AppGeo delivered an application that has enrolled over 10,000 participants covering more than 30 million acres.
- With our help, programmers at the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Human Services were able to migrate to the Google Cloud and Maps Platform to improve an existing Vaccine Locator application.
- We collaborated on a complete Right-of-Way (ROW) Data modernization project with Colorado DOT. What is your ROW worth?
Among the most persistent and pervasive challenge in our field is compiling and managing spatial data. Keeping up with new state and national standards. Identifying data gaps. Using new technologies and platforms to collect data. Modernizing and automating data processing.
Organizations need to keep up with changing standards, best practices and funding opportunities.
- For USDOT, AppGeo assisted with the development of the Transportation for the Nation (TFTN), ARNOLD, National Address Database (NAD), and National Roads Network (NRN) programs
- We’ve completed more than 40 state GIS strategic and business plans in 30 states, with recent work crafting organizational vision and strategies for Montana, Indiana, and Georgia.