From all of us at AppGeo, we wish you a Happy New Year!
Our expanded portfolio of work this past year, the growth of our staff, and our investments in new technology reflect many of the internal and external factors shaping our industry. Some highlights of AppGeo’s 2012 include:
- Cloud Hosting – Our 2011 migration to cloud hosting for customer websites proved successful in 2012, enabling us to deliver exceptional performance to our clients. An added benefit is that we’ve applied this valuable experience to help our clients choose among hosting options.
- Mobile applications – The popularity of smart phones and tablets is driving demand for new and innovative mobile applications for viewing and collecting data, and we have continued to build applications for these purposes, including launching a mobile version of the GPV. Supporting a mobile workforce requires more than user applications, however. Behind the scenes, we’ve gained valuable experience designing the infrastructure needed to support a department of transportation’s mobile workforce.
- MapGeo Milestones – Launched in 2011, our low-cost, subscription based MapGeo website for county and municipal government is now in use in seven states with more than 45 active sites.
- Recognition – We’re proud that several of our clients were recognized this past year with awards that included business process innovation, map publication, and significant achievement for a Web application.
- Platform Technology Options Expand – Since 1991 we have been committed to solving client problems with the most advantageous choice of technologies, and we continue to develop on the latest GIS software platform technologies – Esri, Open Source, and Google – separately and in combination.
- Geospatial Data Everywhere – There is more government geospatial data than ever and we’ve been active since 2006 in helping states to make the business case for further data investments and expanded public access. Current examples include statewide broadband availability data compilation projects we are working on in several states, and strategic and business plans that we’ve completed in the last year for statewide road, elevation, and orthophotography data.
- GIS Community – In April, we launched this Blog page on our website in order to combine company news with posts on our thinking and experiences in the industry. We also presented, exhibited, sponsored, and attended more than 50 industry trade shows and conferences in 20 states.
- Staying True to Our Roots – AppGeo was founded to provide comprehensive GIS consulting and we remain true to our roots, dedicated to providing objective and state-of-the-art advice and solutions tailored to your needs, and to creating shared value for the larger geospatial community in which we participate.
Fireworks over Boston, Photo credit: Richard Taffe