In all of our work, we strive to create shared value with customers, understand and respond to customer’s needs, build community and open knowledge systems, pioneer geographic expressions of data, explore the frontiers of our field, and maintain an objective point of view.
How we work is by helping customers to plan, build and use the right combinations of geospatial technologies and data to increase the availability and utility of their information. We also pay attention to the human dimension – strategy, collaboration, and coordination. We’re not satisfied unless the systems we build are useful, usable, and used widely.
Chief Operations Officer, AppGeo
From the founding of the company to the present day, we’ve been committed to our belief that information referenced to geography empowers government, citizens and businesses to gain insights so they can operate and communicate more effectively in ways that make the world a better place.
Chief Marketing Officer, AppGeo
There are a lot of GIS consulting firms out there. AppGeo is different.
- We are passionate.
- We are values driven.
- We take your (the customer’s) point of view.
- We embrace the full diversity of geospatial technology.
- We bring some of the brightest minds in geospatial consulting to work with you.
- We offer an integrated approach (see What We Do).
Five Essentials For An Effective GIS Consulting Engagement.
The AppGeo difference starts with this vision for effective GIS consulting. These five ingredients have stood the test of time.
The most important decision is who you choose to work with. Their commitment to you – your challenges, situation, and goals. Our integrated approach is focused on you.
Choose and combine the right technologies.
No matter what the vendors say, no platform, database, or software is a complete solution, an end in itself. We help you to choose and use an intelligent combination of appropriate technologies to create the systems that deliver the most value.
Exceed user expectations.
Whether it is a data system or application, we are all looking for the same two things: Ridiculous Simplicity, Incredible Performance. You know it when you see it. Don’t settle for less.
It is not just a tech problem.
Taking care of the human and organizational factors is often more critical to success than technology investment. This means paying attention to organizational goals, managerial roles, sustainable funding, users requirements, and stakeholder coordination, among other things.
Think longer term.
Your success begins when the project ends. Don’t leave it to chance. Design for sustainability. Build relationships with reliable partners. Engage them to review and refresh your systems. Make plans for continuous improvement.
We’ve done the research. Benefit from our experience and innovative thinking.
- Stay current with the industry trend to adopt cloud-based mapping platforms and the benefits for your organization
- Find out how to get started with pay-as-you-go Platform as a Service models, and how to manage costs.
- Stay up to date on the enormous benefits of blending commercially available spatial data with your own authoritative data (see our Blended Data blog and webinar).
- Discover the cost savings you can realize from subscription-based imagery content programs in this deep dive into the Hexagon Content+ imagery program
- Learn about alternative strategies for creating and maintaining state data layers in our three part webinar series for the National States Geographic Information Council (NSGIC).
- Learn about AppGeo’s 30 year history of innovation.